It was about this time last year that I unceremoniously and without warning just…. stopped posting. I got a little burned out and was feeling generally uncreative, so the blog took a backseat to enjoying my summer and digging into job hunting.
Now that I’ve resurrected the blog, I thought I’d give you a quick recap of what’s been going on in the last 12 months (backdating slightly to include July):
- Bastille Day in Deauville. Lucky for Frenchman and I, friends of mine have an apartment in this beautiful seaside town in Normandy and invited us to celebrate July 14th weekend beach-side
- I visited Franzi in Munich! I managed to post about this one in a failed attempt to restart the blog last November, despite having gone to Germany in July
- In September last year, I took a spontaneous trip back to Boston to recharge and get some real-life face time in with my niece. There were many pancakes involved.
- I visited Jenny in Dublin! The timing couldn’t have been better for an old friend to move to Ireland for grad school. I jumped at the chance to visit and help her explore her new digs.
- We made our annual pilgrimage to the Salon du Chocolat. (If you don’t remember, it’s this)
- We went on a belated honeymoon to Australia! Stay tuned for full post(s) about this because there are a LOT of things to tell you about. Teaser: I cuddled a baby koala.
- Christmas! For the first time since 2014, I was home in Boston for Christmas. Much food was had. Very happy was Frenchman (me too)
- I started a new job.
- It snowed in Paris!
- We went to Beirut, Lebanon! My pilot brother-in-law kindly invited us along on one of his weekend flights for a trip we likely never would have planned on our own.
- Les parents came back for round 3! This year, we took them south to Marseille, Cassis, and a tour around the villages of Provence (wine included)
- I turned 30
- We went to Disneyland Paris! Because that’s what you do when you’re 30, right?
- I discovered my new favorite place, Cabourg, a very sweet beach town in Normandy
- Frenchman took me on a surprise birthday trip to London… to see Hamilton! It was amazing
And that just about catches us up to now! Not a bad year, I’d say. Though of course those are all the fun and interesting things. I didn’t include the various mundane bits that seem more representative of my life like, “there were problems on the RER” or “our neighbor’s construction flooded our apartment and ruined our walls.” You know, regular everyday life in Paris stuff.
Anyway, stay tuned for more posts coming soon about some of those fun things, mixed with all the upcoming stuff we’ve got going on. I’ll try not to flake on you again.