- Deciding which pieces of furniture are worth storing
- Figuring out what size storage unit is appropriate
- Finding time to make 3,000 phone calls to movers and storage places while you have a full-time job in an open-plan office surrounded by people who aren’t supposed to know (yet) that you’re going anywhere
- My jaw muscles from clenching them 24/7 for weeks on end
- Keeping this secret that I’M FREAKING MOVING TO PARIS
- Finding energy to pack more things after a full, busy day at work
- Getting rid of those shoes you’ve always really liked but never really wore but like, what if you want to wear them someday, but are they really worth adding to storage just in case?
- Thanking my mom enough times for helping me pack every weekend
- Thanking my dad enough times for driving my rejected crap to Goodwill every week
- Making time to see all the people you want to see and should see and need to see before you leave
Oh and packing. Did I mention packing? Packing is hard. Packing just to move down the street or across town or between states is hard enough. Packing to leave so half your stuff comes with you and half stays without you (and figuring out what goes in each half) is even harder.
I have too much stuff.